Interested in knowing what we classify as ‘bag essentials’? Read on… First of all it is said that you can tell a lot about a man by his shoes, but you can tell just as much about a woman by her bag!
First of all it is said that you can tell a lot about a man by his shoes, but you can tell just as much about a woman by her bag!
Whether you are heading out to a party or prepping for an important pitch at work, you always need to have your essentials in hand. Often, the items inside your handbag are just as important as the handbag you’re carrying.
We’ve put together a list of all the essentials you’ll need inside your favourite bags for work, partying or regular days whilst out and on the go.
General Handbag Essentials:
- Headache tablets
- Make up and perfume
- Nail polish
- Wallet/ Purse
- Business Cards
- Feminine products
- Hair tools
Work Bag Essentials
- Headache tablets: Focusing at work can sometimes be hard enough without the added stress of a headache. A small container of Painkillers will banish your headache (or cramps) and help you get back to what you need to do.
- Laptop:To get your work done anytime, anywhere.
- Make-up and perfume: For quick touch-ups. It’s important to always look fresh-faced for presentations and meetings.
- Nail polish: Have a back-up polish to fix chipping manicures.
- Sunglasses: Your future’s so bright you gotta wear shades!
- Keys: You may want to get back in your car and/or house at the end of the day.
- Sunscreen: Regular use of sunscreen reduces skin cancer risk by over 40% – protect your skin!
- Wallet/Purse: Because you need something easy to grab in cash emergencies.
- Business Cards: Crucial to have on hand for any aspiring career woman.
- Flats: When your heels turn into weapons of mass destruction.
- Headphones and phone:You know those days when you wake up and you don’t want anyone to talk to you before you’ve had your morning coffee? Your headphones are great for those days. A quick Beyoncé jam session on the way to work will get you in formation and ready to take on the day.
- Floss:Nothing worse than realising part of your lunch is still in your mouth after a meeting.
- Notepad and pen:To jot down your to-do list
- Charger:Because there’s nothing worse than your year-old cell phone dying in the middle of the day.
- Feminine products: Never be stranded without provisions. Without a couple of these essentials in your bag, you are practically asking Mother Nature to hand you her monthly gift at the most inconvenient time.
- Breath Mints or Gum: It’s always a good idea to these handy — especially for those days when you decide to have a burger with extra peppers and onions for lunch, or if you just want to make sure you don’t have bad breath when your boss calls you in for a meeting (because they always seem to do so at the absolute worst moment).
- Hair tools: Whether your Pinterest up-do is falling out or you start having the worst midday hair crisis of your life; hair accessories like bobby pins and hair ties are a must. A beauty disaster is totally not professional.
- Snacks: No one likes you when you’re hungry. Your roommate might be able to deal with your pre-lunch shenanigans, but your boss might not be so accommodating. Keep yourself energized with a healthy, easy bite like an apple or snack bar.
Are there any essentials you think we should add to this list? Let us know in the comment section.